View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 06:19 PM   #3
DarkRose
Wight

DarkRose has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to DarkRose
Sting

I understand what you mean. I never actually went into the wilderness and lived first-hand what it was like to be in existence back then, but I experienced something vaguely familiar...

Surprisingly, I got that feeling of wanting to stay trapped in that world just from watching the movie repeatedly. From the first time I saw it, I had this strange but strong desire to somehow thrust myself into the world of the books and live in that time. In fact, I let this yearning get so server, that I became rather emotional and depressed, crying when I thought of how the world I really lived in could not compare to LOTR's.

I have recovered from that dangerous state that some would call ridiculous. I still often wish that I was one of the elves or a ranger living in those times, but I don't let it get so serious that it effects me every minute of the day. I let myself flow off to that world when watching the movie and reading the books, and then firmly remind myself that I am needed in present times. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So to answer your question in short-terms, Yes, I have felt that way too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]