Thread: The Oscars....
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #51
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I went to bed at midnight. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well, then, you <B>did</B> see all the Oscars. They ended at midnight. I fyou missed the last 10 minutes or something, I'll tell you, it wasn't much. Just the actors from Chicago crying on each others shoulders. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> First off, I think that if no one here wanted TTT to win all the awards then something would be severly wrong. This is a Tolkien based forum is it not? Of course everyone will favor certain films <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Lol, I sorta forgot about that. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> GaladrieloftheOlden, where did you get that GORGEOUS avatar pic?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I feel so flattered...well, considering I change it every 2 days-month, I don't know which one you're talking about, but if you mention which one it is, I could tell you. <BR><B>Goldberry-</B> I just recognized your avatar! It's been nagging me for a long, long time. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> (Denethor.... *drool*) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I've also been wonderin- where does your thing about Denethor come from? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PJ wasn't at the Oscars. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> But I saw him! And, unless they were exiled, like Roman Polanski, wouldn't those directors whose films had a chance of winning Best Picture have to be there? Or, want to, for that matter? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> i have a strange attraction to the characters that nobody else is attracted to: Grima, Denethor, Treebeard (PLEASE dont ask... i dont get it either...), Theoden, Gandalf, etc. Mainly Denethor and Grima. Oh and that ranger guy who was talking with Faramir a lot (when they were bent over the map in the caves, etc.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh, I understand what you mean there. My favorite character is Halbarad (when I say that, everyone goes : "Who the heck is Halbarad?") and all the Elves, of course! <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> extreme loathing of Richard Gere. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> What!? He's the best actor in the whole flick! (And he's my classmate's friend's uncle, but that's besides the point) . <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> TTT was not entirely about Gollum.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> They probably thought it was the most effective part. I was disgusted too, though.<BR>That's all for now!