Thread: The Oscars....
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 05:52 PM   #46
Morquesse
Wight

Morquesse has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi guys!<BR>Anyway, I thought I saw Elijah Wood behind Sean Astin in the audience, but I thought 'Nah! That can't be Elijah because if it was then the camera would be on him!' but it did look like Lij.<BR>Ithaeliel I agree. How often do fantasy works receive any appreciation from people outside the fans and geeks? No often at all! <BR>I'm thinking one reason that LotR does not win the big oscars is because most people do not care for fantasy/sci-fi fiction. They like 'realistic' stuff, stuff that can and could have happened.<BR>And I was amused by Andrian Brody. That was funny! And I thought he was the only one who was on his toes about the war. But no matter. Now I'm interested to see the Pianist.<BR>I do think RotK will do great next year, at least be in second place for the most awards. I'm sure it will be nominated for about thirteen oscars or so too.<BR>I would of liked TTT to have gotten all six, but I was not surprised. Especially after A Beautiful Mind. I saw that one twice, and I have no desire to see it ever again. Though I might like to see Chicago sometime to see how good/bad it was.<BR>Okay, I'll shut up now See you later!<BR>~M<BR>P.S. This was the first Oscars I have watched, and frankly, I am bit sad for those people. It sounded like the oscars were the best thing that happened to them. The Oscars are, after all, just awards.