View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 06:41 PM   #4
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tolkien

Good, I was afraid that I had rambled a bit too much.

A brief expansion (explanation) on my statement about the waning powers of the Valar.

It could be argued that the first indication of the waning of the Valar was their refusal to do anything directly against the fleet of Numenor. Instead of stopping the Numenorians themselves they called on Iluvatar and waited for him to do something about it. After this event they did not directly intervene in the affairs of the world afterwards. They sent the Istari, but that was indirect and it was the end of their involvement in the world, or at least their visible involvement.

Their repeated failures to eradicate evil perhaps disheartened them, which could be the reason why their powers started to wane.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 06-01-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: cleaning up the old code
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote