View Single Post
Old 10-04-2000, 09:34 AM   #7
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Ring

Haunting Spirit
Re: The Downfall of Numenor

The more time passes, the less valar can do - their knowledge increases but meanwhile their power is diminished, and field of choice narrowed. All that is to be was sung before Illuvatar, and little can be avoided, and, also, we must not forget, that, though valar were much more powerful than men, they are createrus too, spirits of the same rank and order of which numenoreans were and we are now. Can you imagine some christian asking, why angels are not coming enflamed in wrath to kill (physically!) all of those sinners living on earth? I think they do get offended by our behavior, cause we are breaking many bans every day. Nothing is without Eru's sanction, so they waited for him to judge what was to be done.
Still more - those stepping on blessed realm's shore where not killed, but sleep in the caves until the Last Battle and the Day of Doom. this is really interesting problem, in fact - I think than they will have to make their choice - on which side to fight, and this choice granted due to Ar-Pharazons hesitation at Taniquetil's sight.

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 11-22-2004 at 05:15 AM. Reason: rags of old code.
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote