View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #492
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
"Well then, with all the time we will be spending together she won't be taking to you much these next few weeks."

The thought had not occured to Náin yet, but it did so now with aclarity: if he was to go spending a good deal of time in Kara's company- during her hours of leisure, at that- then who knew what tongues might set about awaggling. He was single, she was single. And his being a Dwarf, rather than serving to insulate them from any nasty rumours, would most likely aggravate them and add to the scandal.

Náin could feel his cheeks turning red hot. This is nonsense! he told himself. You're predicting scandal long before there is any. And it's not as if you were planning to be acting any way less than perfectly decorously. She's not even a Dwarf, after all! Besides, you've already accepted her offer.

Náin looked up, and saw Kara looking at him queerly. Did his face show his thoughts so transparently?

"That, er, really um... grieves me," said Náin, stumbling over his words, something he hadn't done in front of Kara in weeks. "I'd much rather remain in Frodides good cooks- books! Not cooks, books!"

Hands clenched firmly behind his back, where they wouldn't fidget or shake, Náin attempted to master his stammering speech.

"Well, if you are willing as you say, I shall be pleased to accept. When do you anticipate having a day to take off?"