View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 05:20 AM   #151
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Tar-ancalime has already gone through Anguirel's posts, but I want to do it my way, too.

Why was Anguirel killed? What did he say?

#21, pointed at Kath and Eomer.
"For one, I don't like the stamp of that musician fella."
"The varmint claims to have disguised a were-army of hedgehogs under green shells and hidden them in a turtle farm. What d'ye have to say to that, Empress Kath of the Dread Meerkat Wandering Horde? Ha ha!" ~Ang

"I don't think Ang's early mention of Kath has anything to do with anything. I assumed from the beginning that it was just Day 1 histrionics, and that's why in my summary I barely mentioned it. And now that he's been proven not to have been a Seer, it can't possibly mean anything. She hadn't spoken yet--he was pulling her name out of the air. She may well merit a closer look, but not for this reason." ~tar-ancalime

Actually, at the time when Anguirel mentioned Kath, she had already spoken.

I think it's probable that the wolves don't want to waste their time for frame-ups when there are two Seers around. The sooner the wolves get rid of the Seers, the less incriminating information there is. Possibly makes Kath or Eomer look bad. However...

"You're going to have to trust in a dour, sensible sober man of arms like me." ~Ang

Did the wolves think this was a clue that he would have been a Seer? Maybe Anguirel wasn't killed because of the people he mentioned, but the way he talked.

#51, kind of defends Cailín, but doesn't think Samwise is necessarily a wolf because of his "patchy and bedraggled attack". Comments the possibility that there's something between Valier and TGWBS.

Lots of names there, but he doesn't really accuse any of them, so I don't think the wolves would have got scared because of that post.

#54, says that he had forgot lmp, doesn't like his "arbitary tone of voice".

#69, "But I don't trust the harper [Eomer] who accuses ye [lmp] one bit" ~Ang

This is the second time Anguirel mentiones Eomer with that kind of a tone. If Eomer is a wolf, he might have thought that Anguirel has dreamed of him.

#112, thinks Glirdan's vote for Garin is suspicious.

#115, defends Garin quite strongly.

Did the wolves think Anguirel had dreamed of Garin?

#118, votes for Glirdan

Quite a lot of this speaks against Glirdan. Is Glirdan a wolf who thinks Anguirel was a Seer who had dreamed of him? For now, I think Glirdan has been acting like he'd usually act, though.

Okay, there's a possibility that the wolves didn't think that Anguirel was a Seer, but killed him for some other reason instead. However, I'd assume that the wolves are trying to eliminate the Seers asap. and something that Anguirel said caught their attention.