View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 05:00 PM   #25
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
It was something in the weather that told Geldion that it was indeed the end of autumn. The leaves that used to have the slightest scent of summer, were long gone, and not to be sensed for another year. And perhaps; never again. The gentle wind had slowly turned into some harsher and slightly bitter tones, and it washed away all the warmth that remained in the elf's body. The cool breeze in his face, made him feel slightly dizzy. This did not suit him. It did not suit him at all.

Entering the Pin the elf felt as though his spirits were lifted. The warmth of the room and the crackling fireplace greeted him and any other guest that would enter the room sooner or later. The light hit him quite suddenly, and his eyes had to get used to it and thus he stayed in the shadows for some moments. He then heard a familiar voice. It was, without much doubt, his good friend - and now also a fellow Captain - Ondomirė. The elf hurried over to the table, set for four, although at the present there were only three of them; Ondomirė, himself...and someone he did not recognize. There was however no need to think more about it, because Ondomirė introduced him quickly to the stranger that was smiling so gently towards him.

"This is Alcarfalon," Ondomirė said once again. "And this, Alcarfalon, is my friend Geldion," Ondomirė. The two elves that had been strangers to one another until now, greeted each other. Both of them seemed to enjoy the new acquaintance. "An old friend, you say?" Geldion then asked Ondomirė after having been offered some wine, which he gladly accepted. He seated as well, as he suddenly was aware of that he had been standing all along, while the other two had offered him a seat- in what seemed to be a comfortable cushion. He paused, and put down his cup of wine hoping for a refill later that afternoon.

"Indeed," Ondomirė replied quickly. "You are an elf full of surprises," Geldion sighed. "I would think that after all these years, I would be acquainted with most of your 'old friends'. Perhaps you came before me then?" Geldion then said, giving a short laughter,. The other two were quick to follow. "Well, I met Geldion a long time ago, during the establishment of our beautiful Lindon,” Ondomirė told Alcarfalon. “My ancestors fought with the elves a long time ago in Beleriand. Ondomirė is has been a friend of my relatives for many years, and he has always been welcome there…” Alcarfalon then informed Geldion. “Ah of course. My memory is worse than I thought. Ondomirė has mentioned you in several occasions. It’s a shame we haven’t had the chance to meet before,” Geldion then said.

Nothing more of those matters were said, because the company was slightly interrupted by another elf entering the Pin. It seemed to be the elf that had volunteered to lead the troops of elves with spears.

Last edited by Orofaniel; 07-23-2005 at 05:34 PM.