View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 03:16 PM   #26
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
The narcissistic play, I am not surprised.
Heh, I wouldn't say that. Rather, the cautious play. As a Hunter I'd be much more terrified of blowing it than excited about the prospect of hitting it, if you follow.

As I said earlier, this village is rather blind so as a Hunter I'd almost feel like I was more of a threat to the village than to the Wolves. Well, statistically speaking that's true!

Thus I would hunt ++myself because I'd be scared of accidentally killing someone valuable. A Hunter is much more of an asset late in the game because (1) he can reveal & be ruled out, (2) Baddies may be afraid to kill him after the reveal thus he possibly survives that night to be a known innocent the following day as well (3) the percentage of hitting a Baddie increases as the village population decreases. So my Hunter strategy would be to refuse to use my Gift and try to stay alive long enough to make my Gift a factor.