View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 01:50 AM   #115
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It isn't even complaining. People are saying how they felt on their first impression on TTT. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>complain- 1. to claim or express pain, displeasure, etc 2. to find fault; declare annoyance 3. to make an accusation; bring a formal charge<P>People may be saying their opinion, but that does not mean they are not complaining. And I don't think expressing opinions is wrong. Everyone has a right to do so. So, I'm sorry if anyone misunderstood me. What I meant was that I fear that certain topics will be overly discussed throughout the next year, such as Faramir. I remember seeing the same topics on certain parts of FOTR being repeated over and over again, which can be quite frustrating, and soon enough I do stop reading them. Go ahead and post your opinions of the movie, but do not repeat the same thing five times over. We heard you the first time. And six months later, don't make a new thread on "the darkening of Faramir;" post in the old ones instead.<P>And yes, I do admit that I'm guilty of "complaining," as everyone does this time to time. But I always try not to overpost the same thoughts. Also, I'm not accusing anyone in particular of doing this, I'm just saying that I've seen it happen one too many times.<P>People who are upset about the movie, perhaps you should give it a second chance. After giving it time, maybe you will end up appreciating it. I know you are upset about all the changes, but for every change there is a reason. And if you had been reading spoilers, then half of these changes you were already warned of ahead of time. I'm sure nobody could've expected the movie to live up exactly to the book. <BR>Plus, the scenes that were changed or deleted can be a good thing. They allow you to continue to be creative and let you use your imagination to visualize those particular scenes from the book. <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> If you don't like to hear 'complaining' then leave. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Are you actually ASKING me to leave? Perhaps not in direct form, but that's certainly how it feels. If so, you should not take my comments (or anyone else's) so harshly. My post was not meant to offend, and I apologize again if it did, but even so, if you cannot respond to others in a nicer manner, the road through life will be rough (like it isn't already).<BR>And the reason I don't leave is because I wish not to. I'm not going to let a few several threads or comments chase me away. I enjoy this site. I was just skimming over a few threads on people's opinions of TTT (definately NOT expecting such terrible comments) and felt it necessary to post. <BR>I just would like to know why everyone has to be so negative. As often as I can, I try to stay positive. And trust me, it keeps you from being in a foul mood.