View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 12:09 PM   #204
Pyroclastic
Haunting Spirit

Pyroclastic has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Uzgash

Torch light danced across the walls as Uzgash led his troops to Nazklash’s armory. He was excited, at last here was the end. Nobody knew of his plan, that was how it would be successful. He rounded the cavern corner and spied Lugnush lurking in the shadows. “You ready?” Uzgash ask him.

“I’ve been ready for this for a long time.” Lugnush replied.

“Alright then.” Uzgash turned to his troops and held his torch aloft. “Listen up!” He shouted to the masses. “You all have served me with the devotion and treachery expected among the best of our race. You’re the toughest, strongest, best band of orcs in Moria! The battle you will fight next is not mine, it is Captain Lugnush’s. You will follow him as you followed me; he is worthy. To Captain Lugnush!” Uzgash thrust his sword in the air and shouted as only an orc could. His, or rather Lugnush’s troops shouted in answer.

“Hhragggghhhh!” The screams of the orcs echoed along the corridors. Uzgash turned to Lugnush and beat his axe against the ground in salute. “Do well, Captain Lugnush.” And he marched off into the shadows leaving Lugnush with his newfound power.

At the Gates of Moria Uzgash surveyed for the last time the depth and gloom of Kahzad Dum. The bodies of several dwarves lay strewn about with the bodies of orcs. Orcs, Dwarves, Elves, Men, Uzgash had killed them all and they all died the same. They would all return to the Earth and be made new again. The mass that once was Dwarf would become soil, and then plant, and then animal, until the body had become a part of so many things that it had become the differences that it had once thought so important.

Uzgash stepped beyond the doors of Moria and a single word flashed through his head. He remembered the whisper of one of the dwarves he had killed. Freedom. Moonlight beamed down across the hillside giving a slight luminance to the air. He had missed this. No more caves for Uzgash, he was a free orc now and forever. He felt a slight shiver creep upon him from behind. The Nameless Fear, The Fiery One in the furthest depths beyond all reach remained restless. It sensed the distant approach of power. Not soon, but approaching none the less. Uzgash shuddered, the sooner he left the better. He wasn’t going to be caught in a mess like that. Leave that for Lugnush, Uzgash was free. As he walked off in the moonlight Uzgash at last was content.