View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #210
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I had a dream about the new poll on "Who delivered the final blow?" The poll results were something like this:

Elrond (not Elendil) - 1
Gil-Galad - 7 or 12, I don't remember which
Isildur - less than Gil-Galad

And none of the people voting for Gil-Galad posted a reason, so somebody pointed this out, so Morm came back and defended them by saying his reason for voting for Gil-Galad and then saying there really wasn't a good reason to vote for anyone (or something strange like that, but everyone thought it made a lot of sense). (Oh, and Morm, you had a really weird avatar. I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't you at all.) And then I started thinking about it, and realized that whoever delivered the final blow was irrelevent; the question should have been asking who delivered the fatal blow - after all, it's very well and good that Isildur would have made the final blow, but if Sauron was already dead, then it was something of an empty action.

And I think I must of realized I was dreaming because I can remember saying to my dream-self that "hey, that's a really good idea, I'll have to post that when I wake up..." You may or may not have noticed that I actually haven't posted that since the point is entirely irrelevent.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote