View Single Post
Old 10-11-2022, 08:53 AM   #593
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
almost finished Heart this very weekend.
Woo!

Quote:
I think the music sounds pretty nice for most of it and has some interesting elements in the second half that I am pretty smug about.
I agree! It's a really complicated song; I don't think I'll be able to do a straight run, but will have to record it in bits (I keep losing my place!). It's very pretty though, and the big-name lines are appropriately... powerful? I dunno, I don't speak music.

Quote:
But a quick question before I bring it to the finish: how do you feel about a slower fade out - yea or nay? After "or take your final beat", I imagine it would fade out over a line or two... or three or four. It is, after all, the final piece of Act 1. Do you have any plans for visuals at that point that would be ruined by too short or too long a "musical tail"?
No concrete plans for the visuals; a fade-out is fine, it lets me fade back to just Finrod (it's his Dreme, after all) before going to black for the interval. Speaking of the ending:

Quote:
If you have a preference I'll go with that, otherwise I will just keep meditating on it until I get pulled one way or the other.
I can tell there is a difference but can't keep track of what well enough to have a preference, so go with whatever you feel. ^_^

Quote:
In unrelated news, I am almost done the rough draft of Dawn. I have the Epilogue and some appendices to translate, and then a once-over-at-least read through. I expect that this project has a realistic probability of getting to a presentable shape before the New Year. It's weird that both of Amarie's songs are in their own way fueled by that book - Wind by the initial emotional impression, and Heart now by the impressions left at the tail end of the translation. I am so excited to be able to share Dawn, you cannot imagine. Well no, you most definitely can.
As if Dawn has ever been unrelated to this project. Excited to hear it! I don't remember if you've talked about hosting plans, but AO3 is fairly easy to use and nicely readable.

Quote:
And it's sort of coming into sight for Zong as well - after this piece, we will have just two more, and then the Final Trio, and then fixing the early ones, and then the "bow" (a potpourri of snippets from each character's theme music?), and then a "bloopers reel" featuring the best of Much Ado About Nargothrond, and then anything else that comes to mind after that. No biggie.
You're right and all. And Heart was probably one of the hardest songs, so maybe it'll be less of a struggle from here? Up until one of us decides to do something ludicrously complicated, of course. ^_~

Quote:
I did not know Matilda had a musical. I should look it up for the fun of it (Maggots!). Somehow I always heard the principal's name as "Trenchpole" back when I watched the movie, so I've learned something.
Oddly enough! There is a movie adaptation of the musical coming this Christmas. We saw the trailer when it hit the cinemas and I have two very excited children.

hS