Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 02:53 AM   #12116
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
Hang on ... is A ANGAINOR?

ANOR + GAIN, making Melkor the bindEE.*

* Who, to fit the clue, we must call the (D)ARK (L)ORD.

I had forgotten about Frodo (or rather Sam, on Frodo's orders) tying up Gollum.
Oh yeah, Melkor swings both ways. ^_~ I know it meant repeating a character, but I figured it was acceptable under the circumstances. An(gain)or and the Park Word it is.

BELEG - Speaker of a spell: "Become a limb!"
OUTLAWS - The opposites of your wife's parents are wicked.
UMARTH - A son named his father, but hesitated at the beginning of the world.
NOM - A tasty king.
DAUR - Sounds grim, heir to the house.
ANNATAR - Before the road, a woman can go back and forth and seem fair.
NELYAFINWE - A confused alien with a Greek eye, and the first High King? I'm seeing red.
DARK ENEMY - In the shadows, hear me initially name my ideas for a villain.
GOLLUM - Muffin lost his tail, found a big stick, turned around and went down into a cave.
ANGAINOR - Link up and profit in a break in the sun.
GOTHMOG - A cat in eyeshadow definitely can't fly, but...
GLAMHOTH - The wretched band with an icy world covered in glitter.
ERNIL I PHERIANNATH - The Elvish fingermarks left by the childlike, or close enough for the youngest.
DARK LORD - Take a note at the top of the park, direct to the start of the word, and hide from him.

So there it is - the Bondage in Middle-earth password, as requested. Everyone say thank you to our participating couples (and, er, multiples?):
  • Beleg & Outlaws: "Then he bade them tie Beleg to a tree outside the cave; and when he was hard bound hand and foot they questioned him." [Unfinished Tales]
  • Umarth (Hurin) & Gothmog: "Then Gothmog bound him and dragged him to Angband with mockery." [Silmarillion]
  • Nom (nomnom) & Annatar (Sauron): "Lo! sudden there was rending sound / of chains that parted and unwound, / of meshes broken. Forth there leaped / upon the wolvish thing that crept / in shadow faithful Felagund..." [Lay of Leithian]
  • Nelyafinwe (Maedhros) & Dark Enemy (Morgoth): "Morgoth took Maedhros and hung him from the face of a precipice upon Thangorodrim, and he was caught to the rock by the wrist of his right hand in a band of steel."
  • Gollum & Daur (Frodo): "`All we need is something to keep a hold on him,' said Frodo. '... Tie one end to his ankle, and keep a grip on the other end.'" [Two Towers]
  • Ernil i Pheriannath (Pippin) & Glamhoth (Orcs): "For the moment Pippin was unwatched. His legs were securely bound, but his arms were only tied about the wrists, and his hands were in front of him." [Two Towers]
  • Dark Lord (Melkor) & Angainor: "Melkor took refuge in the uttermost pit. Then Tulkas stood forth as champion of the Valar and wrestled with him, and cast him upon his face; and he was bound with the chain Angainor that Aulė had wrought, and led captive..." [Silmarillion]

Over to Urwen!

hS