Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 09:48 AM   #11878
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I had to open up the movie threads again to remind me the other show names, and I think O matches to BRONWYN.

Looking at it, it makes sense as BROWN + Y. N. (for why not). Not sure what cellar doors have got to do with it. Is she in a cellar in one of the promo photos? I kept looking for actual wood types that might also be tints, but this was much simpler.
This is correct, and Bronwyn is normally a Welsh name:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 'English and Welsh', 1955
Most English-speaking people … will admit that cellar door is "beautiful," especially if dissociated from its sense (and from its spelling). More beautiful than, say, sky, and far more beautiful than beautiful... Well then, in Welsh, for me cellar doors are extraordinarily frequent...
(It is worth noting that Tolkien was speaking with an English accent, so probably pronouncing it "Sellador".)

ARONDIR - Take a bow, Halfelven, starless but wearing your ring.
METEOR - Sounds like more flesh from the sky.
ARTANIS - A warrior paints and takes tea before Indy's lost city.
4. Z - Fourth in the race, we hear in Gondor their cars had bladed wheels.
BRONWYN - Slightly confused tint of wood? Why not briefly look behind the cellar door third.
NORI - Short or shorter - see, you know not, nor I.

One to go! It's a purely Tolkien clue, with no references to the series except that the answer appears therein.

hS