Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #8265
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
The Pippin clue refers to the unfair selling (by high street banks) of PPI with loans. (Maybe I should have added 'relatively recently' and 'in Britain' ... G55 and Urwen, has this happened over the pond too?)

So, PPIPPI, lose the second letter and add N (at the end) for the direction.
Yeah, I should have got that. -_- (This morning I heard an ad on the radio: "The deadline for PPI claims may have passed, but for all other claims--" NOT INTERESTED BYE.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
The PLANTAGENET clue refers to the meaning of the word 'PLANTAGENET.' Tricksily, it does not actually refer to one of the PLANTAGENET family. But the name was adopted due to its meaning.
... I remembered that it was something daft and banal, but had to check what. It purportedly comes from the name of the broom plant, which means BROOM + I.R. = BOROMIR.

(So the problem was that I wasn't being literal enough, heh.)

For the first L, I can't get anywhere until I shake the haunting strains of 'My grandfather's clock was too big for its shelf' out of my head. Perhaps someone else will have better luck.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote