View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
From a Defender's point of view, the neccessity to alter certain things for film is a truth. Defenders garner as much resentment for a "film purist's" inability or unwillingness to accept that reality.

Zil points out the books are unfilmable this is largely correct.

Truth is I went into The Hobbit to be entertained, I left my book at home wasn't taking notes of what was right about this or right about that. Using this criteria I found myself having a delightful time.

The issue with Jackson attackers is they go into the movie expecting or at the very least Wanting a page by page remake of their book. They ignore that any director will be unable to deliver on that promise, for any book. I find their arguments as biased and unfair as any Film Defenders. I'd like to reiterate this, arguments from Jackson Attackers may be correct, they however have set a standard by which all will fail.

The argument can't be won by either side. Jackson has his faults and the movies don't follow the book exactly point to attackers, the book is unfilmable thus needed certain changes, point to defenders. Even Steven

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 12-18-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote