View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 08:14 PM   #551
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Editx2: Okay, so, lighting the ground on fire...yeah, been there, done that, not doing it. And fireballs...they might work better, though, as Child said...before the wind storm.

I still like the idea of lighting the ground on fire...ME had coffee...might it have lighter fluid? Or might anyone happen to have brought alcohol with them into Mordor?
I would strongly advise against burning the ground. Besides my opinion, you don't need acohol or lighter fluid to start dry grass and plant life on fire. Besides that, grass fire is too small to do any great damage to a group of people. As soon as you pass the ring, your beyond danger, it's not like a forest fire that will continue to burn behind the fire line. Also, if you start a fire and do not control it, how long does it last? It goes on until it reaches some water, or bareness, or it rains...fires are horrible.

Sorry. Mom's started several "controlled" burns, and those having gotten out of hand to the point of nearly setting our woods on fire, I'm rather prejudice against them.

But you all decide. I am so glad that neither of my characters have anything to do with the planning. . .

-- Folwren