View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #548
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I don't think any of us are quite as knowledgable as our characters, so the actual plan is probably going to remain pretty vague. If I can, I'll try and find some things, but I actually searched for some info recently, and found it too difficult to find for my tastes.

So, essentially we're setting up a number of traps, probably both defensive and offensive ones. (Defensive being things like holes the enemy can fall into, and offensive being like logs rolled down a hill, which of course we couldn't do - 'tis just an example.)

Vror was thinking that rather than actually digging holes, they could make collapsing tunnels. Now, I have no idea if this is plausible at all, but he's a Dwarf, and knows, so...if he says so, and no one objects... I imagine they could find some things to use as tunnel support while they're building it, but he will carefully remove them himself when they make their way back out of the tunnel. So, basically, he would do a straight(ish) tunnel across wherever they are somehow going to have to lead the slavers into attack. Which isn't too hard...have people waiting for them, perhaps have a fake camp set up - the slavers run in, feeling cocky, the slaves who are acting as sort of 'bait' will take off (and go around or, if they can, jump over the tunnels), the slavers run into the fake camp and after them, and the tunnels are somewhere to 'swallow them up'...really they'll only slow them down and confuse them (unless we want to put some spikes in the tunnels? too ambitious, I'd think).

And ooh, I just had an idea for an offensive trap - taking the fire idea, we could use the dry vegetation stuffs, put it all over the ground, and then have those few people with bows shoot fire arrows (fire arrows...egh, that sounds so...not smart) into the dry brush. Most likely the slavers won't notice some vegetation on the ground? Or they might not notice something odd about the concentration of it until it's too late sorta deal?

What does everyone think of some of that as part of a vague plan?

Edit: Woops, cross-posted with Child!

I think simply posting what you have in mind for your individual character to do will work out fine, and we'll just all play it by ear with each other. If anyone objects to anything suggested in someone's post...well, the discussion thread is here for anyone to post about the problem.

Also, I have forgotten what exactly the fire suggestion was originally, sorry...I will go back and read again! I also forgot to take the wind into account in my fire idea. Probably not the best idea to just set a bunch of stuff on fire, however tempting it might be...

Editx2: Okay, so, lighting the ground on fire...yeah, been there, done that, not doing it. And fireballs...they might work better, though, as Child said...before the wind storm.

I still like the idea of lighting the ground on fire...ME had coffee...might it have lighter fluid? Or might anyone happen to have brought alcohol with them into Mordor?

Last edited by Durelin; 11-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.