View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #68
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Branor pretended not to hear Therians slight, and continued babbling about what spy gear he had forgotten and needed to go back to get:

"A pipe! Yes, yes, I need a pipe. And Master Samwise talked about how Elessar was unclean when he was undercover. I need mud!" It looked like Therian was contemplating knocking Branor into the mud, purely out of annoyance. "No! Wait! Hold the mud. That was Elessar's cover. A true spy needs his own cover! The cover always starts with an alias -"

"Yeah, great Bran. How about you tell on the way back to the Rohirric Unicorn." They could not be held up by Branor's distracted mind any longer.

"Back to the Unicorn! Great plan! They are already familiar with Branor from earlier today, but would not know Cottontree, Rick Cottontree. So, here is what we should do. I have a seat in the corn -"

"You know, I just figured we would start by talking to people, and making friendly conversation buying them some drinks if necessary."

Branor started to object. "But that would not - "

"Listen, Bran..."

"Rick" Bran corrected.

"Bran, didn't you just say that a spy had to find his own method? Sneaking around in the corner is not your thing, and you know it. You worked Lord Samwise for information magnificiently today, and you did it by getting him comfortable and chatty. That is your method, easy but effective."

"I did play that dumb hobbit like a fiddle today, didn't I?" Branor chuckled. "Very well, we do it this way, Rick Cottontree's way."