View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #45
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Therian came over to Brinn and touched her shoulder.

"Now what is it?"

"Er... uh, Branor's passed out backstage."

Brinn bit back a curse and pinched the bridge of her nose again. "All right. We don't rehearse any of the scenes that Elessar--oh, wait, he's in most every scene, isn't he?"

"I could understudy for him, for now."

"No, we need you--" to fill in random parts and then humiliate yourself playing a woman you disdain offstage--marvelous job, really "--well, the rehearsal's in shambles anyhow; we'll just do the scenes we can run safely without him--the Pelennor and the witch-dragon doesn't have him in it, does it?"

She looked back at the stage. Aldarion was currently attempting to inject nuance into King Butterbur. Everyone was looking expectantly at the place where Elessar was supposed to show up, and she realized it was Branor's cue.

"Branor's passed out backstage," she said, "so we'll just move along to the mines."

"Don't we need everyone who's fighting for that?" said Harrenon

"And the mechanics," said Asta. "I can't just do them on the spot, you know."

"What about the Sorceress?"

"Mechanics."

"All right, then! Saruman--and I know that that doesn't require anything fancy. Then, Asta, let's get together the things to run the Sorceress and her evil trees."

She heaved a big sigh, and Rollan, at least, was willing to take the upheaval in good stride, eliciting a chuckle or three from the few locals who had gathered in his portrayal of Saruman. Backstage, she ran over her lines quickly while Asta was getting the things in place for the trees.

Determined to make this rehearsal as right as possible, Brinn strode back onstage on her cue, right on top of one of the tree roots. Her foot caught, and with a wrench of pain, Brinn sprawled upon the floor.