View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 02:46 PM   #246
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
I think we can assume that the oasis is due east of Umbar and about a six to seven hour journey from the city, since Esty implies it is the first real place to stop. We started out at the crack of dawn so it is likely mid-day to early afternoon now. My initial impulse was to have Ráma now veer off to the south.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Does anyone in the Eagle camp know about the city that Wyrma is building?
I would certainly think so! It doesn't seem that the Maenwaith are scattered so far apart, especially with their proximity to Umbar, that something like the building of the city wouldn't be noticed by others, who would spread the news.

Quote:
Are there any of Wyrma's maenwaith followers currently living in that half built city, or within the area surrounding it?
Yes, the city has been growing for some years, so there are people living there - Wyrma's most devoted followers and those instrumental in building it at any rate, along with others with trades needed by the city dwellers. Those who do not yet live there are still in their desert dwellings for the most part, except for those who live in Umbar for trade reasons.

Quote:
Why didn't Ráma have any trouble on the first leg of the trip getting through the area with those clans?
Well, not all of the maenwaith know each other by sight, and certainly not in their animal forms, so why should they recognize anyone unless it's a prominent person? Even then, without modern media, they wouldn't know the faces unless they'd met personally.

Quote:
Perhaps, Wyrma's folk lie slightly to the north, and Ráma's path takes her south?
Fine with me.

As I understand it, the maenwaith are living in scattered tribes, and in their human forms, they don't know if another person is one of them or a "normal" human. Does that clarify the questions?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'