View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 08:02 AM   #242
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Esty,

Whoops, I have other questions. Does anyone in the Eagle camp know about the city that Wyrma is building? My impression was that this is still a secret, but I wanted to check.Wouldn't other maenwaith , friend or foe, be able to see a new city going up, or is it in a sheltered location that is not accessible to the eyes of either the SC or Falasmir's folk?

A related query --are there any of Wyrma's maenwaith followers currently living in that half built city, or within the area surrounding it? If Wyrma's adherents are not yet living there, where are they clustered? Is it within Umbar itself, or in the desert area close to Umbar (but not yet in that city)? If I remember correctly, we had initially discused placing them outside of Umbar, but quite close to the city in the desert. Is this still the case?

I do have a reason for asking this. Nerindel had mentioned she might be having her character ask certain questions of Ráma. My answer to at least one of those questions would be somewhat contingent on what I do or do not know about that city and who is living there. Secondly, if Wyrma's folk live in the desert close to Umbar, why didn't Ráma have any trouble on the first leg of the trip getting through the area with those clans? Or perhaps, Wyrma's folk lie slightly to the north, and Ráma's path takes her south?