View Single Post
Old 03-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #49
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
The Usual Suspects:

Name (that you go by): Just call me Ishm--that is, Orual.

Future Aspirations: Actress/writer/director (I want to be Amber Benson when I grow up)

Goal in life: To be well-respected and loved and successful and, if possible, rich, and to have a wonderful family, and to "live so that when (I) come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry" (Twain).

Short term goals: Graduation?

Passion: Acting, writing, family, music.

Hobbies: Reading, rock climbing, doodling

Famous for (brag about yourself): Being self-deprecating and over-confident at the same time. How's that for a conundrum? That and I have a big vocabulary. Katzenjammer.

Fave book: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Cheaper by the Dozen, Help! I'm A Prisoner in the Library (because I loved it when I was a kid), Siddhartha

Fave movie: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Princess Bride, Finding Nemo

Fave sport: Not much of a sports person, but I did watch the Superbowl...does Frisbee count?

Fave store: I'm with Aylwen...music stores. Also, most local stores...big, national chains creep me out. They're so devoid of character.

Fave music: Most alt-rock and punk. blink-182, Third Eye Blind, Staind, Brand New, Switchfoot. But also older stuff, like the Beatles. And I like Jimmy Buffett, but only in small doses.

What you can't stand: Ha ha! Do you have all day? But my number one dislike is disloyalty.

What you plain dislike: Prima donnas, math, and Hummers.

Who you admire: My mother and father for putting up with me my whole life!

What you most love to do: Acting, writing, and spending time with my family.

Your self-confessed flaws: I'm self-deprecating, I'm bossy, I'm tempermental, I'm loud, I'm obsessive, I worry too much...

What intrigues/fascinates you: Anthropology. The study of people is absolutely astounding to me.

What scares you: Roaches, heights, darkness.

Quotation to live by: Just to shake things up from all the solid, inspirational, serious quotes..."Seize the moment, 'cause tomorrow, you might be dead." --Buffy Summers

Value-specific:

What do you want most in a friend? Loyalty. Period.

What do you want most in a teacher? I want someone who cares about me specifically, about my needs, and my future.

What do you want most in an ally? Someone who cares about the cause as much as I do.

What do you want most in a team-mate? Well, team-work is always nice, and trustworthiness, but also a sense of individuality: working by himself or herself within the team.

What do you want people to remember most about you? I want people to remember me as somebody who cared, even when it didn't concern me personally...somebody who really wanted to help people, someone who reached out and touched the community. Plus somebody who was 'cool' and friendly and personable.

Writer-specific:

Your favorite work you've written so far: An unfinished fantasy novel. Working title: The Dragonlands.

Your favorite character so far: Jules Alrose, a nineteen-year-old boy thrown into the middle of a conflict much bigger than him. He doesn't really understand what's going on, but he knows that he has some part in it, and he's willing to fight for his friends and what he believes in.

What you plan to write soon: I have a couple of stories in the works, and I'm going to try my hand at some poetry.

What inspires you to write: Well, I get these images...just solitary images that develop into stories. Weird, I know...

What makes your writing stall: Knowing where I want to get, but not knowing how to get there.

Do you get writers' block and how do you overcome it? I get writer's block all the time. I overcome it by writing.

Middle-Earth specific:

Your favorite ME character(s)? Sam.

What do you like about them? He's the best friend I never had.

Your favorite moment(s) from the Trilogy? I was bawling my eyes out when Sam had to abandon his pots and pans in Mordor...but I loved it when Sam woke up and realized that it was all over, and that Mr. Frodo was safe, and that he was done.

Your favorite plot twist(s) from the Trilogy? Well, I rather liked the Scouring of the Shire, and the fact that Frodo couldn't stay in Middle-earth. Both very sad, but so true to life.

Looking at your personality as it is, what race do you belong to in Middle-Earth and why? I'm a Hobbit. Sturdy and not overly inclined to work, but trustworthy and fun. I hope.

What race would you *like* to belong to in Middle-Earth and why? Hobbit. Or maybe a human.

What place(s)would you live in Middle Earth and why? The Shire. See a theme here?

Where would you want to visit? Why? I'd want to visit Rohan, because it's a perfect combination of the Shire and Gondor.

How would you travel? By foot with a pony.

Besides the usual camping & travel stuff, what single special item is in your knapsack and why? My teddy bear, Bob, because I can't sleep without him.