View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #466
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
The Last Will and Testament of Formendacil, Late of Village CXV

The soon-to-be-deceased bequeaths to the surviving Ordos and Gifteds the following message: you're terrible.

Okay, this message is borne of a thorough-going level of frustration, more than a little of it self-directed as being a practical Newbie despite ostensibly having something like a dozen-plus WW games under my belt.

However, that is in the deep past.

My lynching is at least in part the cascading of poor choices made: largely having too much fun and being too flippant on Day 1 and taking the better part of two Days to get back into Form (pun intended).

That said, there are four Innocents dead, about to five, and nary a Wolf to be seen.

And I am not a Cobbler.

If I were a Cobbler--and the narration is about to reveal I am not--I would have been far more careful. Like the accusations made of Legate, that he is more exuberant as an Ordo and careful when Evil, I would have lurked a lot more deliberately. Instead, by simply enjoying this Cursed game when I was roped in at the last minute to understudy for Wilwa, I have been doomed by that very excitement and you are all welcome to chains in Angband for your troubles.

Unwritten rules like "don't discuss the Gifteds" are nonsense and now that I have had it drawn to my attention, I am peeved enough to make my next WW performance include it henceforth ad infinitum, on a part with my wry, overdramatic distaste for Day 1s during Day 1. Although, as noted in a previous post, I do have a difficulty admitting if I've messed up.

Sadly, since you are lynching an Ordinary Villager, I do not have any names to give you for your troubles. I have dreamed of no one, protected no one, set traps near no one! I can't even tell you what my motivations or plans have been, because that would be redundant: I have been 100% upfront and honest in every post I've written on this thread, so if you're wondering what I thought about so-and-so, go back and reread the post.

That said, Pitch's vote for Kath on Day 1 remains A Thing I am suspicious of, though I have come around to be less suspicious of Pitch (admittedly, I might be projecting, because his irritation is a dim mirror of my own). Meanwhile, Kath has NOT responded to my suspicions of her, and I read that "if I just ignore the accusations of this bandwaggon dumpster fire in the making, I can keep coasting."

Thus, if you would please lynch one of them, I would be much obliged. If, however, the Wolves eat one or the other and prove me entirely wrong, I shall make my mea culpas in the Dead Thread.

I bequeath the following thoughts:

Brinn - probably a wolf.
Kath - totally a wolf.
Greenie - might not be a wolf
Legate - probably a wolf
Mac - probably a wolf
Nilp - I'd tell you I think he's Gifted, but it seems you'll lynch me for that.
Pitchwife - Cobbler or Wolf, not a good guy
Rikae - probably a wolf
Shasta - maybe a wolf
Sally - probably a wolf
Lommy - maybe not a wolf

In other words, I believe Nilp, and I haven't really got suspicions of Lommy or Greenie, treasonous votes for me aside. The rest of the village is a big suspicious mess coloured with way too much suspicion for the only living (for a few minutes) villager whose innocence I'm sure of.

I regret I cannot stay another Day to sort out this miss.