View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #449
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Actually the seer should have had three dreams by now. But that doesn't mean they are all alive. And so no, we shouldn't rely on the seer.
Oops, I somehow temporarily forgot it's Day3 already. (In my defense, days when you sleep 6h and work 9h should be banned. That's an unhealhty ratio.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
That seems to be the point of your post, though - if Rikae and Legate had wanted to save just one of Kath or Form, they'd have jumped on the other - but they didn't, they went for Nog. So they didn't want to save just one of them - they wanted to save them both. Which would make them all evil together. Right?
Agreed on principle. But that would require a) coordination, b) willingness to stick their necks out a little. Plus, there isn't a reason why they couldn't have acted the same way if innocent. So until we know at least 1/4 of their identity, it's all guesswork. (And side note, I'm always sceptical of theories that pin down the whole wolf pack a once. I mean, it would be amazing, but I've yet to see one that was correct. Especially on a Day3 with no proven wolves around.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Fair point, but more than half the village were still left to vote at that point so she could have figured the situation was likely to change. Also she didn’t actually add a new lynch candidate, Nilp already had one vote so she tied him with herself and Form. Admittedly she could have voted Form, too, but this would have looked pretty fishy for her the next Day if she hadn’t suspected Form previously (I don’t actually remember if she did).
Hm, maybe I better take one more look at that vote tally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Not sure if this holds water. First-post-of-the-Day comments on what happened at the end of the Day before (the lynch, the Medium) are not knee-jerk reactions. People’s actual reactions to the events, whether it’s feeling gleeful or bummed, happen behind their screens, 24 hours before they write those posts the next Day. So you might feel really bummed about the lynch, but 24 hours later not feel compelled to say you feel bummed about the lynch. (Personally I almost never do, whatever my role – I just don’t see the point. That doesn’t mean I don’t feel bummed when we lynch an innocent.) What I’m trying to say is, I’d be wary of reading too much into that kind of thing since I think it indicates personality/posting style more than alignment.
I feel like my answer to this boils to a bit "yes, BUT". Rikae's glee at Hui and Lottie's choice wasn't an instant reaction either. But clearly it was the one first on their mind. I still think that's a more likely priority for a wolf/cobbler than for an innocent. Of course, I'm not saying it PROVES anything, but it caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Maybe if the seer is killed the Dead Thread empowers a known innocent?
Solid, even though it still leaves no way to communicate a wolf dream (more important). But umm, let's discuss this when it's relevant and not shortly before the deadline on a Day when it's not relevant yet?

I would prefer to vote Form toDay. Not too covinced about Legate's guilt.

(I'm open to other options at least in theory, but. *shrug*)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote