View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #66
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
Pipe

Kuruharan above is correct on the LotR movies (parts 2 and 3). On balance FotR was fine, it's the only one I can rewatch through. It's hard to say what the worst PJ screw up was, messing with my favorite characater (Faramir), Gandalf ignoring the specific ban on wizards physically assaulting M-E people, the Green Slime, etc.

As to the preview, so far the movies seem to be better then I had thought they'd be. PJ does have the difficult task of making TH movie more attuned to LotR then the book Hobbit and LotR. As noted above, the music and scenery seem still the best part of the project.Little touches, lots of the dwarves piling in at once seems a necessary alteration going from book to movie. The problem with a troll fight is not its existence (there was one between Thorin and Bilbo with them, but rather the way PJ will almost certainly go over the top.

An under control PJ (a rather unlikely scenario) would confine each movie to one BIG battle each---at the end of Part I Dol Guldur, and Part II the Battle of Five Armies,
with a minor scuffle with the wolves and goblins with the Eagles swooping in in Part I.

As for Bombur, reread The Hobbit and you'll see he was very much comic relief constantly.