View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #64
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
FINALLY seen it! (No youtube at my house!)

I like it.

The Hobbit is a children's book. The film is not going to be a children's film. No point in making one as it wouldn't be worth it. I have accepted that now and am looking forward to it! I think if they are able to recreate the 'feeling' that Fellowship managed then it will hold enough of the hobbitness of the book to be enjoyable.

Martin Freeman looks fantastic. Beardgate aside the dwarves look pretty good. Gandalf looks much better as Gandalf the Grey and was far more canon-friendly in that guise in LotR.

I love that with Andy Serkis back as Gollum we are going to hopefully get a full version of Bilbo finding the Ring.

Ok, all the portentous "I won't be responsible for his fate" etc bits are a little over the top. That said, 'his fate' doesn't have to mean death. If you have an audience familiar with LotR it's actually a nice nod to the future plot. Which makes it slightly anachronistic for Thorin to be saying but if you will hang out with Wizards ...

Are we going to get more trailers given it's still a year away?!