View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #53
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
It was certainly a very intimate gesture. Girls will style each others hair but caressing someone's hair is beyond normal social contact. It is in the realm of the closest relationships ...of course the conventions of elf society may be different but I have always got the feeling that they had a bit of a "thing" about nice hair.. I know they are all tall slender and beautiful but it is the feature that gets commented on..
You know in ROTK Legolas gives Aragon what can only be described as the weirdest set of bedroom eyes ever and I don't remember PJ fleshing out a love story based on that.

Scenes like Galadriel caressing a, what looks to me, clearly distressed Gandalf isn't anything but a tender moment that looked weird in the trailer. Though, the conversation that has cropped up here about it is amusing. I look forward to seeing Galadriel back because I am very fond of Cate Blanchett's acting. I also look forward to seeing how well Thorin and Bilbo pull off their roles.

I'm glad this made-up female elf hasn't made it in the trailer.