View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 04:42 PM   #675
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
“May I help you?”

Mithalwen deemed that the hobbit who addressed her was probably the Landlord and addressed him as such:

"Mr Boffin, I presume? " Mithalwen paused and read confirmation and perhaps surprise in his face and continued. "First I must offer you an apology, My niece and nephew trespassed on your hospitality recently and left without warning. That was my fault. They had played truant from those entrusted with their care and my anger when I found them meant that I did not listen to their story. Consequnetly I learned only this morning that I had force them to welch on an arrangement with you. For this I am sorry and wish to make amends. "

Mithalwen took her purse from her belt. I hope that you will be able to accomodate us all tonight and perhaps for a little longer and I will pay you also for the room they left unoccupied without notice. I need stabling for one horse and if possible safe storage of a waggonette and it contents - though perhaps my niece has already spoken to you about this?" Mithalwen made a mental note to retrieve the money she had given the girl if this were the case.

"It contains examples of my craft I was taking for sale but if there is anything there you should like I hope you will accept it as recompense for the inconvenience the twins and I have caused you" .
The tall elf looked earnestly at the Landlord hoping that she had expressed her regret in a language she used seldom.