View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #689
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
In anticipation of my fifth death day this coming week, I am laying my current signature to rest and going back to my very first one - to be seen in post #1 of this thread! (Actually, I can't use the first one in its entirety - the Gandalf/Pippin quote is too long, so I have taken only the second part.)

Quote:
Tolkien predicted the Barrow-Downs forum: "...talks a reader might have with other people who have read the tale; they might lead to sharing of pleasure, or to debate on disagreements; and so lead even to a second reading."
This quote describes what I've found in my years on the Downs!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote