Thread: Darker Days RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 02:10 PM   #179
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hama had had a change of heart. The events of the day he realised had taken this beyond a matter that could be dealt with entirely privately. The fire raising and assault by the ruffians had taken this beyind anything that could be handled as a domestic matter. The man Zach would have to go before the King and if Samuel had more of his type at his command they could easily be overwhelmed. The women were brave but they were not trained soldiers and the soldiers were young and he knew that at least two of them had formed specific attachments that might impair their judgement.

They needed reinforcements and quickly he decided. Of the group he knew that only he, Elfride and perhaps Mayonette would be able ot get teh swift access to the king that the situation required. Mayonette would not go he guessed in any direction that took her further from her sister; Elfride he would prefer to send but she too had come for Sandrina's sake and might refuse. Holding back from the the others he spoke to her swiftly, old friendship allowing formality to be dispensed with.

Elfride weighed her thoughts swiftly and answered " I hope we will not need such force but I fear that Sandrina may need me. Even if I am captured too, I deem I will be able to help her. I doubt Samuel will do me harm - especially if he is informed that an eored is on it's way direct to his hiding place. So Hama, I think you should go at once and return swiftly. I will tell the others".

Hama seeing from her eyes that she spoke in earnest, bowed, and wheeled his great horse round and headed north along the course of the Snowbourne back towards Edoras.

Elfride watched him for a moment then set her heels against her own horses sides and with an uneasy heart sought to catch up with the others. She had some expalining to do.