Thread: Darker Days RPG
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 04:56 AM   #175
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Edhener was woken from his thoughts of battles and glory by Leoflic's voice. He turned and saw that Leoflic was now riding beside him. He listened to his companion's words, glad to know that there was no more enmity between them. And he knew that what he was saying was true. Indeed, in a battle, they could rely on each other. He grinned, and said in a cheerful voice:

"No matter. What has been, has been, and it would be better if we forgot it. And yes, you were right. You can count on my sword in battle. And something tells me that soon enough I will give you proof of this."

He nodded to Leoflic, and then he rode on. He could not understand why he suddenly felt so cheerful, and whence came his unexpected desire to sing, yet not the songs of battle that he knew best, but new ones, of light, and friendship, and happiness. He thought he could see things differenetly, as if a dark veil that had stood over his eyes was suddenly lifted. Yet this lasted only a few moments. He suddenly remembered who he was, and where he was heading, and for what reason.

And also, he recalled the happenings of last evening- had it really been so short a whlie ago? It semed as if months had passed since then- and his heart beat faster with anger. There had been her cold words, her disdainful looks, he had not once since morning thought about them, yet how could he had forgotten them? She was the reason that brought him here, the desire to show her that he was capable of great deeds, to impress her, to make her admire him. And he would do that, even if that meant that he had to die in order to achieve this.

"Yet this would do no good to you and only ill to her."Edhener found himself thinking. Indeed, that was so. But as he looked at the forest that loomed ahead of him, and as he thought of what he might meet there, the thought of battle again entered his being, and a fey smile was again playing on his lips.