View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #2017
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Nope, I don't mind it at all. It's great! It is perfect to be able to see what the original writer had in mind for her past, because I currently have an empty canvas right now in my head about her background, and you keep filling it for me. That's superb. Keep it up.
It's particularly fun because Elempi and I talked at great length about her background, deciding what was acceptable for a woman of the time period, what she would do that was unacceptable.

Her childhood is fun to fill in, since it's background that won't necessarily directly impact her behavior now, but her recent history is a little tougher, because for me it's scattered over the past six years, but for her, only a year or two has passed, so it will be closer to her memory than to mine.

Like, it occurs to me that it really wasn't so long ago that Saeryn was convinced that Eodwine was still in love with the ghost of his dead wife. But for me? Years have passed.

One of the first action scenes I ever wrote was Degas kicking the crud out of a not-very-nice person whilst in the White Horse. Rand, I think his name might have been.

So really, it's just amusing for me to trawl through my memories of the character and her world and give you insight into her background, which you can then use however you want, including contradicting what may well be a false memory on Degas's part.

Saeryn: "I don't remember that."

Degas: "No, it really happened."

Saeryn: "Not to me, it didn't."

Degas: "Oh, I must be thinking of Caelwyn! My bad."