View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #43
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug*platypus
Folwren, I haven't heard a great deal of jokes about Legolas' hair or the way he walks. IMHO he gets maligned just as much as other characters whom people thought "lost something" in the book to movie transition. Perhaps you are overly sensitive to Legolas jokes?
I don't think it's because of me being over sensitive...I'm never been attached to Legolas in any particular way. I really have heard a lot of jokes about him. More than the other characters.

Quote:
I certainly don't dislike him because of his good looks. It's only fair that an elven prince should be a fangirl favourite. And if he does indeed walk like a ballerina, then good for him and PJ too! He's an elf, after all!
Haha! Very funny. *chuckle* But, no, really he doesn't walk like a ballerina, and he doesn't run like one, either. Have you ever seen a ballerina run? It's one of the most humorous spectacles in the world. My sister's nearly a professional dancer and she runs in a most commical way. I ask her to play hide-and-seek practically just to watch...

Quote:
I believe the reason why people tend to pick on movie Legolas is because of his clipped dialogue, his Captain Obvious tendency, and his lack of range of facial expressions.
No...not the jokes I've heard cracked about him. It's his good looks and his running...

Except for my sister, brother, and I. Yes, we did laugh about his clipped lines.

Quote:
I particularly hate the way he looks east rather than west as he "senses" the Uruk Hai approaching while the Fellowship is paddling their merry way down the Anduin. Just a petty little gripe, I know, and not Orlando's fault, but there you have it...
I don't recall. Why does that bother you? In the book does he look west instead of east?

-- Folwren