Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 09:23 AM   #10443
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Brilliant, Pervinca!

... which points to the obvious mystery: 4. TOM BOMBADIL: tom(-tom) + bomb + "a" + dil(l)

2.... YEARS OF THE TREES?
Both correct. The mystery in the latter case is: are they ten years (of the sun) or not? Tolkien's timelines are a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
I was thinking MITHRANDIR when I made the wild password guess, but I have no idea where the elements would come from. Is there another word for nectar?

G55, I'm much more impressed with your work than mine!
#1 is not Mithrandir, and you don't need a synonym for nectar.

1. M - Wizard, more nectar? Shift that silence to me and stop to aspirate!
YEARS OF THE TREES - Much longer than twig days - but how long? (Yes, how long?)
SMEAGOL - Sounds like the bosun rides on the back of a log, rides on the back of a log (His origins - solved by Gandalf)
TOM BOMBADIL - Half a drum explodes a (cut) herb, but it's still better than the poetry. (Just... everything.)
5. E - On the tip of... not my tongue, I'm a little sick. Like Ulysses, but brighter.
6. R - Serious party-going lady swaps to the second half of Elvish exclamation, and sends her daughter out gathering.
IMLADRIS - Look back at the hidden valley: yes, Spaniard, it's a spotted dog with no prepositions. (Secret location)
ERIOL - Shipwrecked, he calls, "Er, I..." "Lo!" the elves call back. (Tolkien undecided on his story)
9. S - Her(?) bed was made by a really, really irritated oyster.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote