View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 02:18 PM   #220
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm not going to lie, I cannot keep up today. I've been skimming, but in depth analysis is simply not going to happen before DL. Well at least not every post since my last one. Instead, I wanted to use the time I have to focus on people who seem to be popping up all over the place. This includes Brinn who didn't seem like she said much, but certainly was talked about a lot. Rikae and G55 because what was going on there? I'm going to start here hopefully move on to more. Fingers crossed I get something productive done before DL.

Brinn didn't say much in her first post. And really what stood out more was a joke post about her later "don't trust Greeks bearing gifts that G55 said. Which was just a joke post.
The only thing of even remote substance from Brinn's first post is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
No, no, no, no, and no. The fact that this was ever brought up in a previous game seems insane! While there is always a risk of lynching an innocent, the Day is best shot at getting a wolf. If we don't lynch anyone they likely have one up on us by the following Day.
In response to G55's "cue discussion about a no-vote Day1!" comment. She comments seriously on something I read as another joke from G55. Nothing really nefarious to my eyes here.
Her next post is responding to a quarantine joke/banter post from Boro. In the same post she goes on about how planning just makes potential fodder for the next day.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Boro
Then again, again, when has anything gone according to plan? We plan, and plan, and plan. Then 30 minutes before we're forced to decide we start a new plan and all hell breaks loose.
True, true. Things never do seem to go according to plan around here. And then the ones who don't follow the plan become lynch fodder the next Day and more often than not turn out to be innocent.
Again, nothing really here. Maybe a wolf playing it safe and just sort of nodding and saying "yes, yes, this is true" while blowing smoke rings from her pipe. But really, after two posts, this doesn't scream "baddie."
Her next post is more of the same, agreeing with Mac on the discussion of deadline before deadline for a fake vote. And a question about quarantine.
The next post has more substance as far as establishing a trail of activity and not more "yes, yes, quite indeed" comments in response to others.
Quote:
On Legate's post's about the fake votes...
Is it suspicious? Perhaps, but not necessarily. If he's evil, he's being rather bold, and if he's innocent, a wolf could use his posts to build a case against him. Then again, there could be no wolves involved and they are just quietly letting this play out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe there's only five remaining players who have not yet posted - which means odds are that there's at least 2-3 baddies hiding among the current posts. The problem I have with Day 1 is that without a track record from a previous Day, I tend see more people as innocent than guilty. Which I guess makes sense; after all, most of us are in fact innocent.

So, let's try this backwards...

So far I find Lommy to be the most genuine. She's only posted a few times early on, however, I do find her to be sensible and am agreeing with what she has to say.

THE Ka also seems level-headed to me and I'm leaning towards innocentish.

As for the other side of the scale, it's still too early for me to feel any strong suspicions, but based on hunch and posts I've seen, I am slightly more wary of: Inzil, Pitchwife, G55

Now time for sleep...it is far too late!
She sets up a scenario of a bold wolfLegate but also an innocent Legate having a case built against him. Reasonable, but she doesn't mention G55 or Pitch in this, which were the two most actively engaging about the fake vote. Legate didn't suggest the idea, though he ran with it, and I find it interesting Brinn didn't take into account the other major players when the drama first unfolded.
The next post is a mention of past experience, which eh. Nothing much there.

I think this next posts is where people started to question Brinn more.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Macalaure
This is what I mean. I can feel a race between Pitch, G55, and Legate coming up, while the wolves are snickering in the background.

I'm not even saying that there isn't a wolf among them - it's possible - but I don't like the way this is gaining momentum.
I agree with this. I'm still a bit wary of G55 and Pitchwife (less so of the former), however I don't want to get caught in a trap. I think I will stay clear of this potential mess for toDay and focus elsewhere.
In her post about Legate she didn't mention anyone else by name in regards to the fake vote. Here she says still wary of G55 and Pitch which unless I missed something, she hadn't actually mentioned them at all prior. Not long after this Rikae says she would likely vote for Brinn if DL was right then.

Quote:
Between the three of you that have been brought up, I found Pitchwife's posts to be most suspicious. However, I'm second-guessing myself because I'm starting to think he may just be easy cannon fodder for the wolves. I don't find Legate suspicious and reading your posts today, I'm less wary of you.

I honestly do not have time for full summary posts because I do actually have to work as I mentioned before. If I were to pick someone right now, I would say Inzil. I can't quite put my fingers on it, but I'd say it's mostly because he's one of the most frequent posters, yet I find him providing less of substance and just going with the flow. Easy way for a wolf to hide.

If I do have time I may take a look at those building a case against Pitchwife.
This looks suspicious to me. She never once mentioned Inzil and now he's her top suspect. But this all reads too clumsy for Brinn, to obviously trying to look guilty, almost. I'd say she's more likely a cobbler than a wolf at this point in the postings.
Rikae votes for Brinn some posts later.
Quote:
Okay, took a quick look back at some posts. Regarding the whole Legate/G55/Pitchwife bit, I find Kitanna's reactions most suspicious. She seems quick to point out that there is likely a wolf among the group.
Despite the fact she also ran with these suspicious and focused in on Legate, pot have you met my good friend, kettle?
Next post she's unconcerned with suspicions coming her way. Though she does view Rikae and G55's back and forth as likely two innocents than anything else.
Pitch also votes for Brinn
But Brinn hasn't been back. If she's a wolf, then she is a bold one indeed who is trying to pull off a gamble with her erratic posting/suspicions. I think if she's not just plain innocent, she's the cobbler. She doesn't cast herself in a good light and she does seem pressed for time, but as I said earlier in this post, she reads more clumsy than wolf. Brinn knows she's short on time based on her quotes that she does have work. So wolfBrinn could easily just float under the radar. Plenty of other people were making noise when she started to say things that were off. Honestly, Pitch looks more guilty to be for his vote than Brinn.