View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 10:24 PM   #65
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really wish I could say something that already hasn't been said, but it seems like you have universal support here at the Downs, so hopefully that will help a little (though I guess it's kind of preaching to the choir, that we would be as outraged as you... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]) That's just high school for you, regardless of the "private" or "public" prefix. We all had to go through it, in one way or another. Trust me, when you get to college, they won't be half as strict, not even three-fourths. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And if they are, at least you'll have more power in determining your fate. It sucks, but when you're under 18, it's hard as nails to pull any weight, at least in my understanding.

At least you have the support of the parents--unfortunately, I've found that they're the real people who have say in matters such as these. Maybe they'll have more say, since the education is private and paid for rather than under-funded and neglected (as it was in my high-school, public of course, and US besides! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] ). I agree with the viewpoint on kids not having any say in private schools, but maybe the parents will have more luck, since they, at least partly, are supplying the principal's salary. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Be sure to keep us posted on how it comes out!

-'Vana

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote