View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #1872
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
On the guardroom & barracks issue...

It would be wise if any rooms hosting the soldiers would be tight against the walls of the MH itself as the Hall will be warmed up during winter-time and thus as much square-feets/meters adjacent to the Hall itself would mean cost-free heating to them. So not a square-shaped room in the corner of the Hall but a rectangle building along the lines of the Hall itself? Probably behind it looking from the main doors eg. behind the longer back-wall?

Also those rooms upstairs (for others than soldiers) should be over the main heat supplies: the main fireplace at the Hall, the side-fireplace heating the best tables and the eorl's bench, the kitchen oven (which should be sharing a wall with the Hall) as heat gets upwards... etc.

I have an idea of how it might work, but let us see if you Foley come up with a better solution to it.

Also I managed to draw a general map of the Mid-Emnet in relation to Edoras. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow in daylight and send it here for you to approve/disapprove.

And as Lommy said: there is no hurry!

As long as people think they wish to write people meeting before the banquet and there are a host of posts everyday, we shall go on. When you feel you are ready or the number of posts starts to go down, I'll post for lord Athanar to open the banquet. So take your time - posting that is.