View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #541
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Seated in the cheery common room, Peri’s attention wandered to some elves relaxing around a nearby table. Several minutes passed as she observed them while trying to remain unnoticed herself. She was fascinated by their long, lean appearance, which was accentuated by their flowing cloaks and robes. The muted colors and luxurious-looking cloth looked strange to the hobbit girl, used to the bright colors loved by Shire-folk.

She herself wore a sensible brown serge skirt and a white blouse covered by a dark green bodice covered in embroidery. Her thick brown curls were pulled back and held in place at the nape of her neck with a wide amber ribbon that had started the day tied in a ladylike bow, but which now hung limply down on either side of her ponytail.

So absorbed was she in watching her elven neighbors that she squeaked in startlement when a middle-aged hobbit asked if she wished for something to eat or drink. Peri flushed a little at being caught staring at strangers, but any embarrassment quickly dissipated in the pleasure of ordering her meal.

“Oh yes, please, I would like some supper, sir,” she told the man politely. “I’d like some tea, to be sure, and if you have any bread or biscuits and jam to go with it I’d be most grateful. I’ll also take a helping of whatever your cook prepared for tonight’s meal – something smells wonderful! And,” she finished, looking at him hopefully, “perhaps a piece of apple pie for dessert?” As the busy hobbit began to turn toward another customer, Peri remembered an important question. Quickly she touched his arm, reclaiming his attention. “I’m so sorry, I nearly forgot to ask! I’ll need a room for five days. Who should I talk to about getting one?”