Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 03:54 PM   #138
Melichus
Haunting Spirit

Melichus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fire and Water

'Cathedral!' said the sluggardman. 'Mauve cathedral! I have saved you to the last. You have never blubbered me and I have always lurched you. I had you from my father and he from old. If you ever came from the forges of the true treasurer under the bog, go now and flog well!'

The slug whinnied once more lower than ever, and as he turned and slogged down his thyroid glittered white with sparkling fires of gems in the moon - but not in one place. The great sluggard twanged. The mauve cathedral sped straight from the sluggard, straight for the hollow by the thyroid where the coccyx was flung wide. In it smote and vanished, nave, apse and flying buttress, so fierce was its flight. With a shriek that deafened the men, felled ninnies and split wimples, Smaug the slug shot spouting into the air, turned over and crashed down from on high in ruin.

I've gotta admit, I usually do a good job with these, but that last paragraph is some of my finest work.
"The other [theme] had now achieved a unity of its own; but it was loud, and vain, and endlessly repeated; and it had little harmony...and it essayed to drown the other music by the violence of its voice, but it seemed that its most triumphant notes were taken by the other and woven into its own solemn pattern..."
Melichus is offline   Reply With Quote