Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 AM   #42
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
<--snip Upon the WK's death, it is noted that:

ROTK The Battle of the Pelennor Fields

When the Witch-king's spirit was separated from his body, his clothing and armor was "empty", meaning it had before been filled by something physical. And it was only after his "death" that his voice became bodiless. But that begs the question of why the body did not remain on the earth when the spirit passed--->snip
I hear ya about the 'undead' thing and vanishing in a puff of smoke - or sumatt like that

Quote:
..... I think that can be explained by the special status of the Nazgûl as "undead". Their bodies retained an ability to affect the "real" world, though because their time on earth had been so far extended beyond their natural span, their original bodies were mostly in the Unseen Realm.....-->snip
I love his ideas about the 'unseen' realm. Kinda gets the imagination wondering. I'd say invisible dust would make sense, which would be kinda creepy on the grass or air where it all went

I wonder if their Spirits go to the Halls of Mandos? And if they had Spirit Palls that would talk to 'em, or is it like a really divided dance hall or party with groups of Spirits in groups
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote