View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #13
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Muscle over mind

Like many others, I didn't want to play in another game, but when it came to this game, I really, sincerely, desperately wanted to. So may I introduce a likeable ( ) fellow:

---------------

Korak is a lord with great wealthy and little brain. That is to say, while he isn't out and out stupid, he doesn't care to use the intelligence he's been given, but prefers all things to be handled in a manner which uses physichal strength, not mental strength. It's a bit contrary to the general idea of his people, his disregard for intellect, for cultivation of the mind and of skills, but he doesn't care. In fact, you may say he doesn't have enough intelligence to notice that he's very much different. He harbours no feelings of love for the princess he intends to marry, and is only interested in her for the sake of alliances and for the sake of having an 'heir,' so to speak, to inherit his wealth and lands, whether it be his wife or a son. A very brief description of his outward appearance would be that he has semi-long hair of a dark colour that is braided, and his long beard is also braided. His skin is a rich brown, and likewise his eyes. He shows no outward sign of his 'stupidity.' It must be carefully noted, by the way, that Korak is not completely dense, but he is not completely intelligent, either, and he holds muscle over mind.

i) The King has been asked by several of his nobles to erect a new temple in the city to the honour of Rhais. This party hopes that such a temple will help their cause to have the sky god worshipped above the goddess of the earth. Does the player?s character support or oppose the construction of the new temple?

Korak is for the building of the new temple. He feels that a woman's place is that of wife and mother, and that a woman should not hold a position of power, even if it's a goddess concerned. Promoted worship of the sky god, he is sure, will 'put women in their proper place.' It's unlikely that Korak is one of the nobles that came up with the idea, for he wouldn't be really able to think of such a thing, but he probably was one of the nobles who petitioned to the King.

ii) For the last few years there have been calls for a law that would limit the term of service of any Avari in a royal posting to ninety-nine years. There are many amongst the nobility who feel that too many of the highest positions in the kingdom are closed to humans by the immortals who currently occupy them. Does the player?s character think that such a law would be just?

Short and simple, Korak doesn't care, because he's more than a little ignorant of the calls for such a law. If he was fully aware of it, he still wouldn't care, as long as it didn't hurt him.

iii) The King has yet to declare his heir. Does the player?s character think that it should be the King?s son, who is the younger child, or should the King choose his daughter, in which case the noble she is promised to in marriage will rule?

Naturally Korak wants the daughter to be heir. After all, he's going to marry her. Need more be said?

In short Korak is very handsome, a little dense, a bit of a brute, and rather power hungry.

---------------

I'm all for Loreena McKennitt, Fordim, though I've got only one CD of hers. (*slaps forehead* Why didn't I listen to her while I was writing out this 'bio?')

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention: this blighter here is that one lord that was still available.