View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 05:43 PM   #382
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Lira gave her praise of the soup, Esgallhugwen hoped it wouldn't be too Elvish for Hobbit and even human stomachs. Lira said goodbye that she would return to the cellar to finish more work. After a few more moments basking in the warm rays and light breeze she stood, flicking off a few of the wet blades of grass that clung to the back of her tight grey-green pants that forest Elves usually wear to camoflauge in the wild,
wear in battle or on the hunt.

She sighed heading into the Inn after visiting with Morsereg, new people were there; she saw them passing by on the road though they did not see her or Lira, as was to be expected. The Inn was thick with the smell of the soup; Esgallhugwen heard here and there praises.

She smiled briefly and went to the bar to ask for a mug of cider. Aman the Innkeeper was up to something; waiting for something to happen, Esgallhugwen could see it in her eyes. She sipped on the cider,

becoming in the light of day Lira said to her No longer hide in the shadows. Esgallhugwen thought on these words 'to hide in shadows or am I a shadow?' she said deeply partially out loud taking hold of her pendant 'do not shadows flee from the light? Therefore I may not be a shadow, though I cast shadows and darkness on other things? I would try not to, but shadows hide in other shadows'. Esgallhugwen paused taking another drink, the sweet cider drizzled down her throat smoothly refreshing her.

'Menelariel Luinhith....mother...; You said I was the light; golden fire in the sun, silver flame under moon, star-gleam some called me, Elenglin.

'I am the light that was taken by shadow' Esgallhugwen uttered softly, the bustle humming about her.