View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #380
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Aman noticed the girl sitting alone in the corner as she re-entered the room and noticed also her subtly longing glances towards the pair who talked of the Golden Wood, smiling and laughing together, talking easily as if they were old friends. But the elven girl soon seemed to resign herself to being alone, and that simply would not do.

But there, an oppurtunity had come; the man who sat with Tiruviel seemed about to stand, picking up the glasses and asking her something. The elf held up a hand, standing, apparently insisting that she herself went. And the elf in the corner had long finished her glass of water. Aman seiezed the moment as Tiruviel began to weave her way around the tables towards the bar, catching the other elf's eye and gesturing as if she was drinking, eyebrows raised. The girl seemed to hesitate, evidently shy, before nodding thankfully and starting up towards the bar, clutching her empty glass.

Aman turned, with both an inward smile and an outward one, to Tiruviel as she reached the bar. The elf smiled back, nodding politely as she placed the glasses on the counter.

"Same again?"

"Please," came the happy reply. Aman glanced up at the elf as she took the glasses and was glad to see she seemed much revived from earlier on, her face glowing with happiness (and probably drink as well). Shooting a look across the bar as she began to fill the first glass, Aman noticed the quiet elf had reached the bar as well and was quietly waiting. She made a point of looking up and smiling at her, thereby drawing Tiruviel's attention to her as well.

"Good day, what can I get you?" She inquired politely. The elf smiled quietly.

"Just...just a water, please?"

"As you wish." Taking the glass from the elf, she put it to the side, finishing filling Tiruviel's first glass and starting on the second. Now to start the wheels of her plan. Looking up at Tiruviel, she nodded towards the man who she had been sitting with. "An old friend maybe?" She smiled.

Tiruviel laughed. "Nay, certainly not - rather a new aquaintance."

Aman nodded politely, smiling, her eyes still on the glass. "Really? Ah, but you wouldn't have known it from the way you talk so easily together, if I may."

Tiruviel smiled, shaking her head. "No, of course. He...well, we have found something in common." Her smile was a little sad as she said this. Aman shot a quick glance towards the quiet elf who still stood at the bar, flickering her eyes towards Tiruviel as she looked away. It would be a perfect moment if only the elf would seize the chance to inquire about Lorien...