View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 03:59 AM   #376
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

*Arwen* has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

“Tiruviel,” she smiled, “My name is Tiruviel.” Caranel nodded thoughtfully and took a large gulp of ale,
“And what brings a pretty she-elf like yourself to these parts?”

Tiruviel launched herself into her past and before she knew it, she had told this stranger everything: about Lothlorien, her departure, her wanderings and all of her many ‘adventures’ that she had had in the last 12 years. She hadn’t meant to go on for so long, but there was something in his eyes, they were deep and understanding. She couldn’t help but tell him everything.

By the time she had got to the end, she was feeling slightly embarrassed. Why did I go on like that! He only asked a simple question – he didn’t want my life story! Caranel slowly finished his ale and looked up, “ Now that is what I call a story,” he laughed. Tiruviel felt all her fears dissolve away as she joined in with his laughter.

“Do you want another ale?” he asked kindly, “we seem to have leaky glasses!” Tiruviel laughed again, “That would be great!”

She watched as he went over to the bar, and took the chance to have her first proper look at him. He was tall, very tall in fact, and well built. He had dark hair and dark eyes and he was wearing dark clothes and a long black cloak. He looked mysterious, she thought, and had probably had many adventures in her time. She felt a rush of excitement as she thought about what his life must be like. She found herself longing to hear about his adventures and hoped against hope that he would be willing to tell them!

She was awoken from her fantasies by the heavy thump of a large glass of ale being placed in front of her. He was back. She watched as he sat down in his place opposite her and started on his ale. She knew that it would be rude to ask him to tell his story, so she fought inside herself to try and find a question that could start him off. She was just about to give up hope when Caranel placed his ale on the table and said,

“Right, now I guess its my turn!”

[ September 02, 2003: Message edited by: *Arwen* ]
"There she walked before his eyes in Rivendale, clad in a mantle of silver and blue, fair as the twilight in elvenhome; her dark hair strayed in a sudden wind, and her brows were bound with gems like stars"