View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #437
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Edric was quite pleased with getting some company; something he had been sorely missing in Gondor. These two elves seemed a bit different from what he was expecting. However, he didn't mind, he was still talking to Elves for the first time. Oh, if only I could tell my sisters back home... he ended in thought.

"I think I will get another cup of tea? Would either of you like anything - then we can hear all your tales of Rohan."

"No, thank you." replied Eddie.

When Cir had left, Edric and the other elf, were in complete silence. Eddie kept looking around as to avoid eye contact, trying to make the situation a little less awkward. He let out a sigh of relief when Cir came back with a fresh cup of tea. Edric was anxious to break the silence.

"I was born in Rohan, yes." he said. "So, you could say I'm from there, but I don't feel like I'm a part of anywhere. I don't know if you ever had that feeling, where you just don't seem to belong?"

He stopped for a moment, to see if the two Elves were following him. They simply looked on, seemingly interested, and waiting for him to continue.

"I am afraid, good sir," he said addressing Cir "I really have no great tale worth telling. At least not one I'm sure Elves wouldn't care to hear about. Which is rather unusual for a man as well travelled as myself. I've been wondering a lot lately. I guess you could say I'm trying to find myself. Though I'm afraid I've lived a rather bland, and at times, bleak life. I say I'm not really from Rohan, though I did spend most of my life there, because I can no longer bear to consider myself one of them. After that ruthless tyrant, Thengel, that is. Even his own son had fled to Gondor. Once I could, I got away too! Supposedly, Gondor was going to be a lot better, but I really found nothing great about it. So, I packed up again and this time came out West to settle down. I'm afraid there's not much more to tell. Unless you want to go on hearing about being the only man in my family for over twenty years, which I wish not to bore you with such stories." Despite Edric saying that, he really hoped the Elves would care to listen to some more. Edric hadn't said this much in a long time. "Anyway, enough about me for a while, I would think that you two would have far better tales to tell."

Last edited by Boromir88; 02-15-2007 at 02:42 PM.