View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #324
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
There...finally got a post together, and it's a book.

I guess the length makes up for the tardiness. I'm afraid Lin is not inclined to be very fond of Larswic, and likely inclined to be very..."un-fond" as it may be. She's a little too well-bred and well-taught to fall for his rough rogueyness (yay for making up words) and too young not to make her distaste obvious.
Now that's a challenge to a charmer like Larswic, if ever there was one. He lives on his wits so he might relish a challenge in the future!

I've corrected my last post anyway, as I had the beuara...bearau...red tape of New Rohan misread. In any case, this now gives a little more reason for Larswic and his type to be suspicious and cagey.

I added in a reference to wrestling as it was a popular Anglo-Saxon sport, and of course, a lot of young men love it these days, so it was perfect to have Wultheof be a keen young wrestler. I don't know if Archery was a particularly Ango-Saxon sport, but Tolkien seems to have been keen to include it, and it seemed to fit Leocsley. The Horse Fair might allow them to slope off if necessary, and to get horses sold and more gold of course. I've also mentioned Knucklebones and Dice, two other games from that period, particularly with gamblers!