Thread: LOTR Sightings!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 06:14 PM   #127
Lily Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lily Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Okay, I went to the Exalibur Fantasy Faire near my home, and-besides couting 65 individual kilts on guys-I saw the Helm of Elendil, the Helm of Gimli, Legolas' knives, Anduril, Narsil, Sting(and scabbard), Gimli's axe(I'm pretty sure), orc and uruk weaponry, and best of all HADHAFANG! I got to hold it and Gimli's helm. 'Twas a fine day. Now, I'm pretty sure I found some LotR people there. Let's see.... Well, I'm pretty sure I found the REAL Glorfindel. No lie. This guy could've been Glorfindel easily (or even Gildor). Oh, and Ghengis Khan had Anduril. Strange... I thought I'd seen Boromir or Faramir one, but It turned out to be Robin Hood. Shucks! Oh, there was a Nazgul. And some Rangers were also present, though they better favoured Haradrim than the men of Halbarad's company. Oh, yes, and Sir Brian in the Iavnhoe-themed joust looked remarkably like Boromir, so it was like watching him die twice in two different ways. Creepy... And Black Rose Costumes was selling awesome skirts and bodices that looked fit for Diamond Took and Rose Gamgee--Elanor the Fair even! There was even a great multitude of Elvish garb. Oh, and I found this one guy in a cloak that looked like the ugly version of Merry with really BIG hair...

OH! I amost forgot! They had the circlets of Arwen, Elrond, and Galadriel, and the Helms of the Witch King, an Isengard orc, and uruk, and a Rohirrim, and they also had Rohirrim and Theoden's armour! Eru! I almost LOST my mind!