View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #70
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Dark-Eye

Boro reached out his hand and pretended to catch Agan's kiss out of mid-air. He smiled and made his way towards Nilp.

Nilp was slipping in and out of consciousness, but Boro still decided to tell Nilp what he had wanted to for a long time. "I don't know if you remember, but you were the first one to suggest I join werewolf. At times I've questioned whether I should strangle you for getting me hooked, or thank you for introducing me to the game. Either way, I don't think I have ever told you that, and I am not quite sure why I am doing it now, but thank you."

Boro looked around the room to see many familiar faces, and many new ones. He was pleasantly surprised to find a fellow Ohioan in the bar. How small thy world can truly be. "Kent, you said your name was," Boro began, "I also happen to be from Ohio. What part of the great buckeye state do you hail from, friend?"

But just as soon as he asked a shock of freezing cold went piercing down his spine and through his entire body. He jumped around, trying to reach behind his back to get the pieces of bitter cold that had gone down his shirt. He turned to see a grinning Kuru holding a wet bucket.

"Why you...you...dwarf!" that's as good as Boro could come up with at the time. It wasn't the trick Kuru pulled that had Boro flustered, it was seeing his old arch-nemesis. "You will come to regret this, Kuru. I was willing to put the past behind us, but now I will take great delight in beating you yet again. Mark my words -"

Boro stopped as he saw Nogrod approach, and intervene to calm everything down.
Quote:
"Hi there Boro! So good to see you. You still believe in that "if it talks like a wolf and walks like a wolf then it is a wolf" -philosophy? I've tried it in a few games disregarding more complicated scenarios - with varying success." Nogrod smiled and raised his pint as for a toast.
"I don't even know what my philosophy is at the moment," Boro laughed, now having calmed a bit, "I am afraid I am a bit rusty, although I would definitely like to stick it to that dwarf if I get the chance. But, don't mind that, please tell me of your big adventures and how you have faired. What do you mean by varying success? Has that strategy worked, or is it inconclusive? I am not much of a numbers man and have not been keeping track of my success/fail rate. I find I am a much better pusher, I push people's buttons, try to make the calm, cool, and collected become nervous, chaotic, and afraid. But please, do tell how that if it talks like a wolf and walks like a wolf then it is a wolf has worked for you?"